Garage Door Design in Fort Wayne, Indiana
When it comes to garage door designs, Overhead Door Company of Fort Wayne offers a variety of styles and designs to suit your preferences and budget. If you need a new garage door, contact us today—or keep reading to learn more about the garage doors we offer!
Garage Doors from Overhead Door Company of Fort Wayne
Doors vary in style, panel design and size. There are three main styles of garage doors—traditional, carriage and modern.
- Traditional garage doors include the standard sectional garage doors on many homes (long or short panel). A lot are white in color, but beige and brown are also common.
- Carriage garage doors can be a form of traditional doors. They are ornate with decorative handles and hinges but can also be more minimalist and modern.
- Modern garage doors don’t feature handles hinges and usually have a flush panel design. Overhead Door’s modern garage doors are aluminum.
The three main types of garage door panel designs include:
- Raised panels are the classic style of garage doors—offer depth and distinction and complement nearly any type of home.
- Recessed panels are the opposite of raised panels, although the two have a similar look.
- Flush, or flat panels are flat and slightly textured, and they can be used to complement a home’s architecture without drawing too much attention to the door itself.
Some houses have a two-car garage while others have smaller, single-car garages that require smaller doors. Garage doors are constructed as either single layer, double layer or triple layer. The most economical choice, single layer doors do not have any insulation. Double layer garage doors are insulated. Triple layer garage doors have sandwich construction, which consists of insulation between two materials, usually steel. The extra layer provides better energy efficiency and soundproofing.
Schedule Garage Door Installation in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Whatever your needs, there is sure to be a garage door for you in our extensive collection. Contact Overhead Door Company of Fort Wayne today to schedule your installation or to learn more about our products!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a garage door cost?
Prices vary from door to door, depending on design, material, level of thermal efficiency and the location of your home. We are happy to give you an estimate if you are considering a specific product that we offer.
Can I paint my garage door?
Yes. All of our garage doors can be painted with latex paint.
Can I insulate my garage door?
Yes. We offer insulation kits as well as insulated garage doors. Read more about why you should insulate your garage door here.
What are some features of modern garage doors?
Straight lines, simple design and flat panels are all signature features of modern style garage doors. Read more about modern garage doors and see examples here.
What are carriage style garage doors?
Carriage style garage doors are characterized by decorative windows along the top and hardware that looks like the handles and hinges of real carriage house doors. A carriage style garage door can add a charming touch to your home. Read more about carriage style garage doors here.