Why Won’t My Garage Door Open?
When your garage door isn’t operating correctly, you can sometimes feel like you’re part of a cruel joke. You press your garage door opener button, and the door opens halfway. You press it again, and the door closes. Or, even worse, your garage door just gets stuck in a position that is neither open nor closed, which isn’t helpful for anything.
Wondering what might be wrong and what you can do to get your garage door working again? Keep reading!
Common Causes of Garage Door Operation Issues
There are many different causes of garage door issues:
- Opener problems: One of the most common garage door opener problems is that it isn’t plugged in or power isn’t supplied to the outlet. Also, don’t forget to check the batteries. Sometimes the source of trouble is as simple as low or no battery power in the opener.
- Broken springs: If your garage door won’t open or close, the springs may be broken. Broken garage door springs require professional repair.
- Disengaged emergency release: Are you hearing the motor run but the garage door isn’t moving? The emergency release may have been pulled or become unattached. Reattaching it isn’t the same for every single model—it depends on the operator. For this job, it’s best to call professionals.
- Broken cables: The cable often breaks when a spring breaks, and this type of repair requires an experienced garage door company.
- Keypad issues: Sometimes the garage door won’t open or close with the keypad. Occasionally it’s just a one-time minor glitch, but sometimes the batteries need to be changed. Other times, the keypad may need to be reset. For help, visit our keypad programming page and call our professionals!
Garage Door & Garage Door Opener Repair in Fort Wayne, IN
If you’re not sure what the problem is with your garage door—or if you try the solutions above and it’s still not working—don’t hesitate to give the professionals at Overhead Door Company of Fort Wayne a call. We have years of experience helping homeowners and business owners with their garage doors, and we’re available 24/7 for emergency service. Give us a call at (260) 205-8509 today!