It’s inconvenient and frustrating when your garage door starts working incorrectly or stops working all together! Perhaps it’s not the time to call—again—for a repair. It may be time for a full replacement. If you need service immediately, get in touch with the team at The Overhead Door Co. of Fort Wayne—or keep reading to learn more about how to tell if you need garage door replacement!
Should You Replace Your Garage Door?
We recommend having a garage door professional come out and inspect your door. An expert will be able to tell you if you need replacement or if a repair will suffice. But there are some signs you can look out for on your own. You may need replacement services if your door if you notice any of the following signs:
- Frequent breakdowns – If you are constantly scheduling garage door repairs, it’s probably time for a replacement. The money you spend on constantly fixing an old or inefficient garage door can add up quickly.
- Unusual noises – If you notice your garage door is getting louder during operation, this could indicate worn shaft bearings, uneven tension, or damaged rollers and hinges. If your garage door is severely damaged, it could be beyond repair.
- Unattractive design – If you are no longer happy with the style of your garage door, you might want to consider an upgrade. Modern garage doors can enhance the overall appearance of your home.
- Signs of aging – If your garage door is scratched, warped, rusted, or cracked, you might want to consider replacing it. Your garage door is a visible part of your home, and its overall condition contributes to the visual appeal of your property.
- Poor security – If you have an older garage door, you could be missing out on some security features now common in newer models. To be sure you and your family members are protected, make sure your garage can’t be broken into easily.
- Excessive vibrations – If your garage door shakes when it opens and closes, the rollers could be rusted or out of place. Other causes of vibration could be damaged springs and cables or loose hinges.
If something doesn’t look or sound normal, it probably isn’t! Sometimes a tune-up is enough, but there are times when you need garage door replacement.
Diagnosing the Problem
One of the first steps in determining whether you need to replace your garage door is diagnosing the problem. One of our professionals will do this for you, but in general, common sources of garage door problems are:
Keep in mind that you also may need to replace your door due to old age (unfortunately, garage doors don’t last forever).
Contact Us Today
If you need garage door services in Indiana, look no further. Our team provides garage door repair and replacement and can provide service whenever you need it, day or night.
Contact us to learn more or to schedule an appointment with one of our experts!