You probably don’t think about your garage door much from day to day, but it plays a vital role in the functionality of your home. It’s important to keep your garage door in good shape to allow easy entry and to maintain the overall appearance of your property. It may be time to replace your garage door if you notice any of the following signs:
- Frequent breakdowns – If you are constantly scheduling garage door repairs, it’s probably time for a replacement. The money you spend on constantly fixing an old or inefficient garage door can add up quickly.
- Unusual noises – If you notice your garage door is getting louder during operation, this could indicate worn shaft bearings, uneven tension, or damaged rollers and hinges. If your garage door is severely damaged, it could be beyond repair.
- Unattractive design – If you are no longer happy with the style of your garage door, you might want to consider an upgrade. Modern garage doors can enhance the overall appearance of your home.
- Signs of aging – If your garage door is scratched, warped, rusted, or cracked, you might want to consider replacing it. Your garage door is a visible part of your home, and its overall condition contributes to the visual appeal of your property.
- Poor security – If you have an older garage door, you could be missing out on some security features now common in newer models. To be sure you and your family members are protected, make sure your garage can’t be broken into easily.
- Excessive vibrations – If your garage door shakes when it opens and closes, the rollers could be rusted or out of place. Other causes of vibration could be damaged springs and cables or loose hinges.
Need a Garage Door Company in Fort Wayne, Indiana?
If you’re ready to replace your garage door, Overhead Door Company of Fort Wayne can help! We offer reliable commercial and residential garage door services in Indiana. Our doors come in a variety of styles and colors to complement the rest of your home.
Contact us online to schedule your garage door installation or to receive a free estimate!